Maison du Salève
Located in the countryside at Présilly, Maison du Salève offers unusual activities connected to its exhibitions, including guided tours, workshops, lectures and nature trails. Walks suitable for people of all ages start from the Maison, including the ‘In the footsteps of the Carthusians’ discovery trail, the pilgrim route to Santiago da Compostela, and the Chemin des Convers, which takes you to summit of the Salève.
The Maison du Salève’s eco-boutique features local artisans, food producers and writers.
From February to June and September to December: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 6pm.
July and August: Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 6pm.
Zone A school holidays: Tuesday to Sunday 2pm - 6pm.
Closed in January, 1 May, first Sunday in September and 25 December.
Group visits can be booked on any day (except Monday and Sunday afternoon and during January closing).
- In the country
- Close to a motorway
- Lake view
- Mountain view
- Mountain location
- Close to a public transportation
- Close to GR footpath
Adult: 5 to 6 €
Child (6-18 years): 3 €
Student: 5 €
Disabled: 3 €
Group adults: 6.50 to 7 €.
Free entry for children < 6 years, the drivers.
Group rate available for > 10 people.
Other prices on request.
- Bank/credit card
- Credit transfer
- Play area
- Picnic area
- Covered picnic area
- Exhibition space
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Mental disability
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Height under table >= 70 cm width >= 77 cm
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building partially accessible
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
- Heavy door
- Incline >5% but reasonable
- Visual alarm with flash light
- Magnetic loop available at the reception
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities
- Children's entertainment
- Temporary exhibition
- Handicrafts workshops
- Fauna - flora
- Pedestrian sports
- Creative hobbies
- Guided individual tours
- Guided group tours
- Coach access
- Set down on-site for groups
- Permanent entertainments organiser
- Tourist brochures
- Unguided individual tours