Castle of Ripaille: Home of the Dukes of Savoy
Through its grandeur and history, Ripaille is one of the finest sites in the region. Built in 1434 by Duke Amadeus VIII, a Carthusian monastery in the 16th and 17th centuries, and the country house of a businessman-aesthete from 1892, the Castle de Ripaille was a centre of power and religion before being dedicated to the arts and to the «art de vivre». A visit to Ripaille revives all these histories.
A visit to Ripaille includes:
• guided visit to the former monastery, only in high season the Amadeus Room: original and unique objects from the 1400s and 1500s
• the films «Ripaille through the Ages» and «The States of Savoy»
• the 1900 visit shows the Castle’s restoration from 1892 to 1903 and the owners’ lifestyle at that time.
• visit to the medieval moats
• visit to the Castle terrace
Differents possibilities of visits are available : visit and tasting, visit and meal...
From 09/02 to 10/03/2019, daily between 11 am and 5 pm.
From 30/03 to 07/07/2019, daily between 11 am and 5 pm.
From 08/07 to 01/09/2019, daily between 10 am and 6 pm.
From 02/09 to 03/11/2019, daily between 11 am and 5 pm.
- Lakeside or by stretch of water
- Thermal resort
- Town outskirts
- Close to a public transportation
Adult: 10 €
Teenager: 5 €
Student: 8 €
Job seeker: 8 €
Large family: 23 €
Disabled: 8 €
Group adults: 5.50 €.
Free entry for children < 7 years.
Group rate available for > 20 people.
- American Express
- Bank/credit card
- Chèques Vacances
- Public WC
- Exhibition space
- Car park
- Entertainments room
- Coach parking
- Not accessible in a wheelchair
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Product tasting
- Temporary exhibition
- Guided individual tours
- Unguided group tours
- Guided group tours
- Unguided individual tours