Couvent of Visitation
Thonon is lucky enough to be home to the third monastery to be founded in Savoie and the 21st in France. The Visitationists came from Evian on July 22nd 1627 and set themselves up on Rue Vallon. Ten years later they moved to Rue des Granges for good and slowly built convent buildings and a chapel which was consecrated in 1684. They returned in 1835 after being forced to leave during the Revolution and in 1968 they left their monastery for Marclaz near Thonon.
- In centre of town
- Close to a public transportation
- Book shop
- Media library