See the interactive map

Notre Dame de l'Assomption Church


église - intérieur
  • église - intérieur
rue du Lac
74500Évian-les-Bains

Built during the second half of the 13th century, under the reign of Peter II, Count of Savoy, Evian's church is an early example of Savoyard Gothic art.


The building underwent important transformations at the end of the 14th and beginning of the 15th centuries, followed by several restoration campaigns between the 17th and 20th centuries. The most important restoration work was carried out in 1926, when the nave was extended westward with two bays. The Romanesque-Byzantine-style portal, with its triangular pediment, also dates from this campaign.


Learn more

Opening

Throughout the year : open daily.

Environment
  • Town location

Equipment & comfort

Service
  • Guided group tours
  • Unguided individual tours